A-Z study environment
The campus library's entrance is at ground floor level. There is an elevator in the house, and handicap toilets on all three floors. Two handicap parking spots are located to the east of the library. The library is open to the public.
Need help finding the best references for your assignment? Book a session with one of our information specialists. Up to 5 students per session.
Books in open stacks (check out books):
- The HUM/JUR collection: Books acquired during the previous five years are placed in open shelves on the ground floor and can be checked out. The books are shelfmarked and placed by acquisition year plus reference number, as shown in the library's online system.
As of June 2020, the IT University Library's collection of check out books has been incorporated into the HUM/JUR collection.
- A separate collection of check out books from the former Dept. of Information Studies, INF - now part of the Dept. of Communication - is also placed on the ground floor.
Books from the closed stacks collections can be requested from the library system.
Back issues of of law journals are placed on the 1st floor, in the JUR area.
LAW course reserve shelves are located in the JUR section on the 1st floor of the library.
IT Library course reserve shelves are located on the ground floor of the library.
HUM course reserve shelves can be found at most HUM department libraries.
- Vibeke Mencke Nielsen's En stele for viden og formidling.
- Martin Erik Andersen's monumental paraphrase of the Ardabil rug.
- Alexey Leonov's ust sculpture of Aleksandr Puškin.
- The library building.
The datalabs are physical study environments for the students and staff at the University of Copenhagen. It is for students who, individually or in groups, works on media and technology-based projects and for staff members interested in integrating technology into their research and teaching. More about KUB Datalab ...
You can borrow a locker for two months at a time without charge.
Students working on their MA thesis can borrow a locker for six months upon showing their thesis contract. Contact the information desk.
If your back hurts from concentrating too much, we have a massage chair on the 1st floor that can be used for free.
You can access the full version of the database Mediestream directly from a work station on the ground floor. It is the only access point on campus that offers unrestricted access to all Danish newspaper archives. You can make a reservation to use the Mediestream work station. Your booking does not, as a rule, include database instruction.
Study seats for MA students:
KB-Guest (login og password: readbooks), or Eduroam.
A number of user pc's are available on alle three floors.